Monday, September 5, 2011

Hermit Is Gone!

I had to deal with something today that I haven't had to deal with yet as a parent.  The death of a pet.  Now, thankfully it wasn't the dog we have had for ten years.  It was however a beloved hermit crab named appropriately "Hermit The Crab".  (My children are soooo original!) They didn't really understand what had happened and I just explained to them that Hermit came from the ocean and God didn't really mean for him to live on our kitchen counter in a plastic box.

I guess we will have a "funeral" sometime today.

I had written  a whole bunch more than this, but the power went out and disconnected me before I could post and since I have slept since then, I have no idea what I was writing! (I guess that is one drawback to electronic journals vs. paper ones.) Oh well, if it was that important, I will remember later and my ADD self will come back and finish!

Enjoy your Labor Day Holiday with your family! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment