Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crazy animals are taking over (and the kids are right behind)!

Ok, so the hermit crab died and then the dog is so gracious to bring his latest "prize" to the back door. (At least he stopped there.)  What is going to happen next - b/c don't things happen in 3's?  Just saying.

That brings me to my children! How off my rocker did I have to be to take all three of them to Toys R Us AND Wal-Mart on Monday?  If I'd had another choice I would have chosen door #2.  I am glad that I went to Toys R Us though - I found the baby's 2nd b-day present (never mind that his b-day isn't until April) 1/2 off the regular price.  I also found my middle child a Christmas present - that I managed to hide the whole time we were shopping.  As glad as I was about those things - I will NOT be making that mistake again for awhile!

Ok, the purpose of this blog was to help me "write down" the funny stuff my children do or say.  My middle child is the one who always wants to go to McDonald's (or somewhere other than home).  Yesterday, on the way home from picking them up from my mother-in-law's, I asked him what he would like for me to COOK (I stressed this word) for dinner.  He (of course) said McDonald's.  I told him that I was going to cook something.  His reply was, "Well, you know if we went to a restaurant, it would already be cooked." (Where does he come up with this stuff?)

On another note - for you mothers that are reading - the doctor has said that the baby (16m) should be saying b/t 10 and 15 words.  He only says one word (and it's not that clear).  She wants to test his hearing and then, depending on the outcome, send him to speech therapy.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment